Senior Accounting Specialist
This position will manage the million-dollar monthly cash flow of the organization. All deposits through accounts receivable and payments through accounts payable, transfers for payroll and electronic bill payments will be monitored. Lead billing specialist for D.C. monthly billing and reconciliation processes. Perform HUD accounting including monthly voucher processing and financial statement preparation including annual REAC filing.
- Manages cash specifically through knowledge of balances through reconciliations in all bank accounts and decides cash outflow.
- Responsible for procedural updates in the Accounts Receivable subsystem and processing all receivables including accruals as well as cash.
- Decides those items deemed non-receivables and calculates contra entries.
- Acts as Lead billing specialist for D.C. billing and backup to Contract Specialist in Florida monthly billing, following designated procedures.
- Corresponds with outside coordinators (including FL and D.C.) to ensure proper billing rates are in effect and coordinating internal billing procedures to match. Variances and errors are reconciled at least monthly with the help of the Contract Specialist.
- Performs HUD accounting for HUD projects from monthly voucher preparation to financial statement preparation (including annual REAC filings).
- Functions as primary liaison if the AED is unavailable with the public accounting firm regarding all year end and interim audits.
- Provide assistance and support in the budget preparation process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director of Finance or designee.
Skills / Requirements
Recommended 4-year degree in Business majoring in Accounting from an accredited University or College. Two (2) years experience in public or private accounting a plus.
Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:
- Medical, Dental, and Life insurance at NO cost to the employee
- Tax SHeltered retirement option with $.75 on the dollar employer match up to 4% of annual salary after 1 year
- Free gym membership after 90 days
Pay: $24 to $27.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time