RN for Behavior Division
The Arc Tampa Bay is a Non-Profit organization that serves people with intellectual and developmental disabilites. We have been in business for over 60 years in Northern Pinellas County. With 18 group homes, 3 adult day programs, a supported living apartment complex, and a clinic for children with Autism; The Arc Tampa Bay is one of the largest providers of our kind! We currently provide services to approximately 200 individuals on a daily basis. We are seeking a full time Registerd Nurse to join our Behavior team!
As a full time Registered Nurse at The Arc Tampa Bay, you would be assisting the agency and the people we serve in a variety of tasks that include but are not limited to the following:
- Working in our Clearwater Day Program Clinic a couple days per week to assist with medications and any on site injury/illness to consumers
- Communication between doctors' offices, pharmacies, and caregivers
- Monthly medication exchange for our residential and day programs
- Teaching The APD curriculum Medication Administation 2 day required class to new hires 1 time per month
- Validating direct care staff to pass medications upon successful completion of class
- Monthly medicaiton audits of assigned program areas
- Quarterly medication passing/error reporting to a Risk Management Committee
- Administering TB test innoculations to our DC Med Waiver regulated employees annually
- Being on call for medical emergency reports from staff
- Any other position related duties as assigned by The Senior Associate Executive Director
Skills / Requirements
Minimum: 2 year Florida Board of Nursing Certifeid RN. At least two years experience with developmentally disabled persons, in residential settings is preferred. Must have experience in management & demonstrate knowledge of behavior modification techniques.
Employee will be required to successfully complete and update Medication Training, Transportation Training, Safety Care Training, First Aid Training, CPR Training (to include physical demonstration of the skill), HIV / Infection Control Training, Zero Tolerance Training, Core Competency Training, BAS Training and any additional trainings relevant to area of responsibility as assigned by the Residential Director.
4 year Bacherlor's degree may substitute for one years experience.
As a full time Employee of The Arc Tampa Bay, we offer:
$250.00 employment committment bonus after 90 days
- Medical, dental, and life insurance at NO cost to our employees
- 403b retirement plan with 2/3 match after 1 year of employment
- Free Gym Membership
Pay: $44,000 to $53,000/year
Job Status: Full Time