GROUP HOME PROGRAM MANAGER
Are you an experienced individual in the human/social services field? Do you enjoy helping those who cannot fully help themselves? Are you caring, compassionate, and patient? If you answered YES to these questions, The Arc Tampa Bay is the place for your next career! We are a well-established, non-profit organization with full-time career opportunities. Our homes are located in beautiful Northern Pinellas County. If you have the following skills: a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role, direct care experience caring for persons with developmental disabilities, behaviors, and/or aging issues - this is the job for you!
We currently have 2 different Program Manager opportunities
(1) Homes are located in Dunedin. They are group homes where we care for aging individuals with I/DD and some mild behaviors. On-call for emergencies is a position requirement. The position is for BOTH homes
(2) Home is located in Palm Harbor. This is for a behavior-intensive adult female home.
***We welcome out-of-state applicants! It is important to note that wages in Florida will differ as the cost of living is typically lower, and we don't get state taxes deducted from our earned wages. The Arc Tampa's wages are among the most competitive for the field! We also provide Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance at NO COST to the full-time employee.
Responsibilities of The Arc Tampa Bay Program Manager include:
- providing all aspects of care needed for daily living to the adults living in the home
- Keeping the house staffed in the proper ratio
- Interviewing and training new staff
- keeping the individual's assets safe and secure
- Covering shifts and doing daily documentation when needed
- Doing quarterly and annual assessments on the 6 individuals in the home as well as attending and giving feedback in their annual support plan meetings
- Meeting monthly with APD Liason in the group home and be able to show that we are in compliance with all state standards
- Scheduling and running all required medical appointments
- Doing monthly medication exchange, passing medications when needed
- Ensuring all staff are doing documentation and following all agency protocols and procedures
- Attending monthly meetings with administration and quarterly in-service trainings
- Holding monthly house meetings
- Creating and following a monthly activity calendar, transportation to those activities when needed
- Attaining all required training to include: driving, med passing, First Aid, CPR, Safety Care, Bloodborne Pathogens, HIPAA, Requirements for Med Waiver Providers, Zero Tolerance, Direct Care Core Competencies, etc...
- Acting in the highest standard as an Ambassador of The Arc Tampa Bay
- Putting the individuals we serve first, protecting them, and meeting their needs
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's Degree preferred or 2+ years related experience working directly with persons with disabilities/behaviors in a residential setting. Management experience in a related field REQUIRED.
As a Florida Drugfree Workplace regulated by APD we will do the following screenings:
- DMV Screen (cannot have DUI/DWI/Careless Driving, or any other major violation in the last 5 years)
- 10 Panel Drug Screen
- Federal Level 2, AND County Local Criminal History Search. (Please look at APD's Attestation of Good Moral Character for disqualifying offenses)
Our full time employees enjoy a great benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and life insurance at no cost to them
- 403b retirement plan with 2/3 match after 1 year
- free city of clearwater rec center pass
- low cost vision, accident, and cancer insurance options
- Paid Training
- Paid screenings
Pay: $40,000 to $44,000/year
Job Status: Full Time