As the Pandemic continues, The Arc Tampa Bay is going above and beyond to work together during these trying times to provide safe and continuous care to the individuals living in our group homes. We have 18 homes operating around Northern Pinellas County; 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. The Arc Tampa Bay has been in business for more than 60 years, and we will continue to provide care to this most vulnerable population no matter the challenges.
The Arc Tampa Bay is seeking more Direct Care Professionals to join our team and help us keep providing these necessary services.
While no prior experience is required, it is preferred.
So, if you are a caring individual in need of work, please check us out and think about applying today! Now is the time to stand together and do our part in any we can!
Homes are located in Palm Harbor and Tarpon Springs
***We welcome out of state applicants! It is important to note that wages in Florida will differ as the cost of living is typically lower, and we don't get state taxes deducted from our earned wages. The Arc Tampa's wages are among the most competitive for the field! We also provide Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance at NO COST to the full-time employee.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per Auto insurance requirements
- 1 year of related experience preferred but not required
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid) - current Arc/APD/DCF employees will most likely already have the Federal Background Clearance!
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Attestation of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability to obtain copies of current APD and other related trainings, or to be able to online train
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
- Pre screenings paid for
- Training paid for
- Employee Recognition gifts
- Referal bonus
Pay: $12.02 to $12.85/hour
Job Status: Full Time