DSP in Tarpon Springs
Currently offering a Commitment Bonus of $1,000 over the first year as well as elevated wages by $2.00/hour MORE than base pay for at least the next 4 weeks.
While much of the world was forced to close its' doors due to COVID-19, we at The Arc Tampa Bay could not, would not, and did not. Our mission to support and empower people with intellectual & developmental disabilities became more important than ever. Caring for those in need has no off-season, so neither can we!
If you are looking for a new home to hang your hat, look no further! At The Arc Tampa Bay, we will provide and pay for all required training to make your new career a success!
Pay Rate: $12.02 to $12.85/hour ~ Our wages are among the most competitive for this field in this area, and we have been providing services to The I/DD Community of Pinellas County for over 60 years. The Arc is a national organization whose sole purpose is to empower this amazing community of individuals in need.
The holidays are a time of giving, so why not kick off the holiday season by becoming a caregiver. Give back to those in need, and get something back in return. Not only will you get a paycheck, but you will know that you are making a difference in people's lives every day.
We have 3 different homes in Tarpon Springs that are currently seeking new team members. All shifts are full-time, with opportunities for overtime! The schedules are as follows:
Location 1 Shifts
- Over night awake; Friday 11:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m; Saturday 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Sunday 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday to Sunday: Wednesday AND Thursday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday AND Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location 2 Shifts
- Over night awake: Friday AND Saturday 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 p..m., Sunday 10:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Monday to Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weekday Split shift: Monday to Thursday 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. AND 2:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday to Wednesday: Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday Tuesday and Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Weekend Marathon: Friday 6 to 9 a.m. AND 2:00 to 9:00 p.m., Saturday ND Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday to Sunday: Thursday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. AND 2:00 to 9:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location 3 Shifts
- Over Night Awake: Thursday through Sunday 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Weekend Marathon: Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Weekend Marathon II: Friday 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00p.m., Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per Auto insurance requirements
- 1 year of related experience preferred but not required
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid) - current Arc/APD/DCF employees will most likely already have the Federal Background Clearance!
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Attestation of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability to obtain copies of current APD and other related trainings, or to be able to online train
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- $5,220 Annual Medical, Dental, and Life insurance benefit
- $916 in Paid Holidays
- $1222 in Paid vacation after 1 full year
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with $1019 average employer match
- $1019 Paid Sick time
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- A large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
- Pre screenings paid for
- Training paid for
- Employee Recognition gifts
- Referral bonus
Pay: $12.02 to $12.85/hour
Job Status: Full Time