DSP in Palm Harbor
While much of the world was forced to close its' doors due to COVID-19, we at The Arc Tampa Bay could not, would not, and did not. Our mission to support and empower people with intellectual & developmental disabilities became more important than ever. Caring for those in need has no off-season, so neither can we! All shifts are full-time with plenty of opportunities for overtime. All required screenings and training are paid for, NO experience is necessary. And, we have just begun our 4th quarter prize bonanza for Direct Care Staff! Do amazing things and win lottery tickets. Turn those tickets in for gift cards and so much more. 1 in 20 staff will win a grand prize worth at least $50 in December!
If you are someone that shares this mission with us, please apply online today to start making a true difference tomorrow!
Pay Rate: $12.30 to $12.85/hour
When hired as a staff to work in our Residential Program at The Arc Tampa Bay, this is a position that works in a group home. We have 6 different locations in Palm Harbor. There are Medical homes as well as behavior homes. There are anywhere from 6 to 10 individuals living in each residence. The job responsibilities include:
- hygiene assistance
- transportation using a company van
- passing medications
- supervision and assistance in all daily activities
- implementing behavior plans
- daily documentation
- community activities and engagement
- providing the highest level of care with dignity, respect, and compassion to ensure the highest and happiest quality of life for those we serve
The specific shifts we are seeking are below:
- Overnight Awake: Friday 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday 10:oo p.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sunday 10:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Split Shift: 6 to 9 a.m. AND 2 to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Saturday to Wednesday: Saturday and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday and Tuesday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weekend Marathon: Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weekend Marathon: Saturday and Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 10:0 p.m. Monday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday through Sunday: Wednesday and Thursday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Overnight Awake: Thursday to Sunday 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Weekend Marathon: Friday 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weekend Marathon II: Friday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Overnight Awake: Friday and Saturday 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sunday 10:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Monday to Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Split: Monday to Thursday 6 to 9 a.m. AND 2 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday to Wednesday: Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Weekend Marathon: Friday 6 to 9 a.m. AND 2 to 9 p.m.Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday to Sunday: Thursday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday 6 to 9 a.m. AND 2 to 9 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location 5-Adult Female Behavior Intensive Home-Experience Mandatory ($15.00/hour)
- Wednesday to Sunday: Wednesday to Friday 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday to Wednesday: Saturday 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tuesday 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday to Tuesday: Friday 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Tuesday 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Weekend Marathon: Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday 6 to 0 a.m. AND 2 to 9:00 p.m.
Companion: Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per auto insurance requirement
- 1 year of related experience preferred but not required of all positions
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid)
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability for 70 hours of paid, weekday/daytime training over your first 90 days
- Availability for monthly daytime meetings and quarterly daytime in service trainings
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- $5,220 Annual Medical, Dental, and Life insurance benefit
- $916 in Paid Holidays
- $1222 in Paid vacation after 1 full year
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with $1019 average employer match
- $1019 Paid Sick time
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $12.02 to $12.85/hour
wage depends on program hired for
Job Status: Full Time