DSP for Adult Day Program
New Over-Time Bonus incentive program, Earn up to a $1,500 bonus!
The Arc Tampa Bay leads the intellectual and developmental disability care industry frontier, constantly reinventing the capabilities of our meaningful day programs. For more than 60 years, we have celebrated the passion of our mission-minded employees who patiently & lovingly deliver services every day; around-the-clock. The Arc Tampa Bay wants you on their team! Full-Time wages starting at $11.30/hour. We are practicing Social-Distancing, health screening, and wearing protective equipment to aid in ensuring the Health and Safety of staff and persons served! Openings in Clearwater and Tarpon.
We are seeking a Direct Support Staff to assist a male adult with developmental disabilities in one of our workshop settings. This particular position is for a one-on-one to an individual that has severe behaviors At least 1 year working directly with persons with aggressive behaviors is required. We are also seeking Direct Care Personnel in classrooms and workshop settings. Other responsibilities include:
- daily documentation
- assistance in learning new jobs
- following all state-approved ABA behavior plans.
- Assisting individuals in learning new curriculums
- Practicing and teaching new skills of social distancing and wearing of Protective equipment
- Assistance with toileting, eating, medications, all activities of daily living
- treating consumers with dignity and respect in all aspects of care providing
All shifts are full time; Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Take the first step to making a commitment to The Arc Tampa Bay and the people we serve today! It is a decision that will forever change both your life and theirs.
If you desire personal satisfaction by helping those in need and enhancing the dignity and independence of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, The Arc Tampa Bay wants you to apply for this opportunity today! Employees MUST be able to commit to a full-time shift, as well as have availability for required trainings.
Prior experience working with behavior/aggressive persons with I/DD preferred.
***We welcome out of state applicants! It is important to note that wages in Florida will differ as the cost of living is typically lower, and we don't get state taxes deducted from our earned wages. The Arc Tampa's wages are among the most competitive for the field! We also provide Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance at NO COST to the full-time employee.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age
- 1 year of behavior related experienced
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid)
- Pre employment, post accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid)
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Full time Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical Dental, and Life insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Full-time, steady schedule
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $11.30 to $11.88/hour
Wage depends upon position hired for
Job Status: Full Time