The Arc Tampa Bay leads the intellectual and developmental disability care industry frontier, constantly reinventing the capabilities of our adults and residential care programs. For more than 60 years, we have celebrated the passion of our purpose-minded employees who fulfill this mission every day, and The Arc Tampa Bay wants you on their team!
$12.02 to $12.85/hour.
We are seeking Care Specialsits to care for persons with developmental disabilities in our medical/elderly group home setting. There are 2, ten-bed homes constructed from the ground up to care for persons in our I/DD community throughout the aging process. We also have several other homes throughout Northern Pinellas County with openings. Direct Care Staff are needed to maintain the security and quality of life of residents. Other responsibilities include:
- Feeding/possibly tube feeding
- passing medications
- transportation, etc...
- treating consumers with dignity and respect in all aspects of care providing
If you desire personal satisfaction by helping those in need and enhancing the dignity and independence of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, The Arc Tampa Bay wants you to apply for this opportunity today! Employees MUST be able to commit to a full-time shift, as well as have availability for required trainings:
***We welcome out of state applicants! It is important to note that wages in Florida will differ as the cost of living is typically lower, and we don't get state taxes deducted from our earned wages. The Arc Tampa's wages are among the most competitive for the field! We also provide Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance at NO COST to the full-time employee.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per auto insurance requirement
- 1 year of related experience preferred but not required of all positions
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid)
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability for 70 hours of paid, weekday/daytime training over your first 90 days
- Availability for monthly daytime meetings and quarterly daytime in service trainings
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $12.02 to $12.85/hour
Job Status: Full Time