DSP Behavior One-on-One
Direct care staff to work in a group home, one-on-one with an ndividual with developmental disabilities and physically aggressive behaviors. Working knowledge of individuals on The Autism Spectrum is a must. Ability to use ABA Therapy and positive reinforcement to assist the individual with communication, community inclusion, hygiene, etc.... The home located in Palm Harbor. The hours are Monday to Friday, day time schedule.
Skills / Requirements
1 year of experience related to caring for persons with behavior disorders. High school Diploma or GED required. All employees of The Arc TAmpa Bay are required to pass a drug screen, a level 2 criminal background check and have a relatively clean driving record.
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $11.30 to $12.30/hour
Job Status: Full Time