Director of Behavior Services (BCBA)
If you are a Level 1 BCBA looking for a great team to join, look no further than The Arc Tampa Bay! We are seeking an experienced BCBA to head our Behavior Services Division. Being a member of the team allows you to do the job you love without all those overhead concerns! Come and be a part of an established agency that has been supporting and empowering people with I/DD for more than 60 years.
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, the Clinical Director will develop, implement, monitor, and revise behavior plans for assigned consumers. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring that behavior plans follow 65G-8 of the Florida Administrative codes. Also responsible for compliance with APD, Medicaid Waiver, and Core Assurances standards. Days and Hours: This is a full-time on-call position that requires a regular but flexible office presence as guided by the Associate Executive Director.
Essential Duties: 1. Responsible for developing formal behavioral plans for assigned residential programs. Programs should be in accordance with Rule 65G-8.
2. Ensure that the least restrictive, and most normalized procedures are utilized, based on the assessment of consumer.
3. Responsible for attendance at LRC meetings when assigned consumers are up for review.
4. Attendance at psychiatric appointments for assigned consumer(s), when possible.
5. Ensure consistency with day program behavior plans.
6. Monitor residential behavior plans and procedures as specified in behavior plan(s), making necessary adjustments based on data-based decisions.
7. Responsible for documentation of services provided in the form of Therap ISP data, graphic displays, and other related data.
8. Assist and provide staff training on behavior plans, as needed.
9. Provide behavior oversight for assigned homes.
10. Adhere to all policies and concepts of inclusion and incorporate the same in behavior planning.
11. Ensure the writing and data collection, and overall implementation of behavior services.
12. Counsel consumers and provide crisis intervention when necessary.
13. Monitor compliance of service areas during regularly scheduled home visits and routing results to the Associate Executive Director and Residential Director.
14. Monitor IB group homes for compliance with APD standards by completing monthly audits to include staff trainings are current, proficiency’s are completed monthly and meet the observation requirements as written in BASP(s), Res Hab eligibilities have been submitted and received, Safety Care physician sign-off packets are current, BASP(s) have been submitted to LRC and approval received, and all other requirements have been met.
15. Visit and monitor IB group homes at least once per month, for a minimum of ½ hour per client receiving Arc behavioral services.
16. Provide supervision to BCaBA’s on staff.
17. Conduct training of BAS recert class on a bi-monthly basis for staff working in behavior homes.
18. Attend necessary committee meetings, seminars, conferences, and training sessions as assigned by the Associate Executive Director.
19. Assist with compliance with outcomes as stated on individual support plans.
20. Remain available as essential personnel and assist with on-call emergency situations when deemed necessary by the Associate Executive Director.
21. Assist with coordination of related services: medical, psychiatric, physical therapy, speech therapy, etc.
22. Coordination with other agencies when needed for behavior analysis services.
23. Adhere to all Arc Tampa Bay policies and procedures.
24. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications: Valid Florida Driver’s License. Masters in Psychology or related field with at least two years experience with developmentally disabled persons implementing reduction and acquisition programming. Must be a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (LEVEL-1) for a minimum of 3 years. Maintain training and CEU’s to provide Supervision to others. A doctorate degree may be substituted for one year of experience. The employee will be required to successfully complete and update Safety Care Training, First Aid Training, CPR Training (to include a physical demonstration of the skill), Blood Borne Pathogens Training, Zero Tolerance Training, Core Competency Training and any additional trainings relevant to the area of responsibility as assigned by Associate Executive Director.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance at no cost to our employees. We also offer a low-cost vision plan, supplemental accident and catastrophic illness products, and a 403b retirement plan with match options after 1 year.
Pay: $61,000 to $68,000/year
Job Status: Full Time