Direct Support Professional for Higher Skills/Mild Behavior
The Arc Tampa Bay leads the intellectual and developmental disability care industry frontier, constantly reinventing capabilities of our children, adults and residential care programs. For 59 years, we have celebrated the passion of its' purpose-minded employees who fulfill its' mission everyday, and The Arc Tampa Bay wants you on their team! $11.02 to $11.30/hour Residential Direct Care wages JUST INCREASED by 7%!!! Perfect time to come on board!!!
We are seeking Direct Support Staff to care for persons with developmental disabilities in one of our numerous group home settings. Each home is uniquely constructed to care for a specific disability, offering an ideal environment for each resident. Direct Care Staff are needed to maintain the security and quality of life of residents. Other responsibilities include:
- toileting/changing/hygiene assistance
- Lifting and transferring adults from beds, wheelchairs, furniture, bathtub, etc...
- med pass
- transportation, etc...
- treating consumers with dignity and respect in all aspects of care providing
Shifts are full time. Evening, weekend, and overnight awake shifts are available.
If you desire personal satisfaction by helping those in need and enhancing the dignity and independence of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, The Arc Tampa Bay wants you to apply for this opportunity today! Employees MUST be able to commit to a full time shift, as well as have availability for required trainings:
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per Auto insurance requirement
- 1 year of related experience preferred but not required of all positions
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid)
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability for 70 hours of paid, weekday/daytime training over first 90 days
- Availability for monthly daytime meetings and quarterly daytime in service trainings
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $11.02 to $11.30/hour
Wage depends upon position hired for
Job Status: Full Time