Direct Support of Children with DD
The Arc Tampa Bay leads the intellectual and developmental disability care industry frontier, constantly reinventing capabilities of our children, adults and residential care programs. For nearly 60 years, we have celebrated the passion of its' purpose-minded employees who fulfill its' mission everyday, and The Arc Tampa Bay wants you on their team!
We are seeking Direct Care Staff to care for children with developmental disabilities in our Dual Diagnosed Children's Home. This home is uniquely constructed to care for dd children, located in Clearwater. The home has a swimming pool and a large yard that is ideal for the children we serve! Direct Care Staff are needed to maintain the security and quality of life of the residents. Other responsibilities include:
- (at some homes) toileting/changing
- med pass
- transportation, etc...
- providing ABA (applied behavior analysis) training properly and safely
Shifts are full time. Evening, weekend, and overnight awake shifts are available.
If you desire personal satisfaction by helping those in need and enhancing the dignity and independence of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, The Arc Tampa Bay wants you to apply for this opportunity today!
Skills / Requirements
- high school diploma/GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- 21 years or older
- 1 year experience working with children with Autism/Maladaptive behavior issues
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- We do the following screenings: 10 panel drug screen, DMV screen, local & federal level 2 criminal history (this does include any juvenile offenses)
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost
- Free gym membership
- Tax sheltered retirement plan
- Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Full-time, steady schedule
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $10.50 to $10.75/hour
Job Status: Full Time