Direct Care Staff for Dunedin Group Homes
The Arc Tampa Bay, a leading provider of services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, has 4 homes in the beautiful City of Dunedin. We have both Behavior homes and Elderly homes. If you have a background with either of these populations, apply today!
We are seeking Direct Support Professionals) to care for persons with developmental disabilities in one of our numerous group home settings. Each home is uniquely constructed to care for a specific disability, offering an ideal environment for each resident. Direct Care Staff are needed to maintain the security and quality of life of residents. Other responsibilities include:
- medication administration
- transportation, etc...
- providing proper behavior supports according to the Applied Behavior Analysis plans for each individual
- treating consumers with dignity and respect in all aspects of care providing
Shifts are full time. Evening, weekend, and overnight awake shifts are available.
We have weekend shift differential!
If you desire personal satisfaction by helping those in need and enhancing the dignity and independence of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, The Arc Tampa Bay wants you to apply for this opportunity today! Employees MUST be able to commit to a full time shift, as well as have availability for required trainings:
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per insurance requirement
- 1 year of related experienced preferred but not required of all positions
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability for 70 hours of paid, weekday/daytime training over 30 to 45 days
- Availability for monthly daytime meetings and quarterly daytime in service
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
Pay: $9.75 to $10.75/hour
Wage depends upon position hired for
Job Status: Full Time