The Arc Tampa Bay is seeking candidates to work with behavior intensive individuals in a one on one ratio. The position is to assist with meaningful day activities.. GREAT SCHEDULE, NO EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS REQUIRED! Hours of work Monday to Friday, 7:30-3:30. There are behavior intensive, male adults with developmental disabilities. Prior experience working directly with individuals with behaviors is required.
If you are a patient person that is looking to develop a great bond and change the life of people with disabilities, THIS is the position for you!
Skills / Requirements
Minimum of 1 year related experience. Direct experience with persons with behaviors/autism and or developmental disabilities required. High school diploma or GED required. Employee required to attend Safety Care Training, First aid, CPR, Zero Tolerance, Bloodborne Pathogens, Direct Care Core Competencies and all other required trainings of the agency. Trainings all will take place during regularly scheduled hours of work.
Must be able to complete pre employment drug screen as well as a Level 2 Federal and local background check.
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- medical insurance at no cost to employee
- dental insurance at no cost to employee
- low cost vision insurance
- free gym membership
- tax sheltered 403b retirement account with $.75 on the dollar match up to 4% after 1 year
- opportunities for advancement
Pay: $9.36 to $10.25/hour
wage is dependent up[on specific position hired for
Job Status: Full Time