Behaviorial Health Tech
The Arc Tampa Bay is a non-profit agency whose mission is to support and empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have been serving Pinellas County for more than 60 years with our 18 group homes, 3 adult day programs, and a behavior clinic for children on the autism spectrum. Our group homes are located in: Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Clearwater, Safety Harbor, and Largo. Our Day Programs are located in Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, and Safety Harbor. Our staff are comprised of over 200 individuals with a patient, caring, strong work ethic and we are always looking for new people that fit that criteria to come and be a part of our team!
Pay Rate: $12.57 to $12.85/hour
When hired as a staff to work in our Behavior Residential Program at The Arc Tampa Bay, this is a position that works in a group home. The homes are located in Clearwater, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, and Palm Harbor and can house up to 6 individuals with behavior issues and developmental disabilities. The job responsibilities include:
- hygiene assistance
- transportation using a company van
- passing medications
- supervision and assistance in all daily activities
- implementing behavior plans
- daily documentation
- community activities and engagement
- providing the highest level of care with dignity, respect, and compassion to ensure the highest and happiest quality of life for those we serve
When we are looking to hire someone to work in any of our programs, the best fit for our agency will be a person that has a caretaking nature, that can successfully implement training received, and is reliable & dependable. If you can make The Arc Tampa Bay and the people we serve a priority in your life, please apply today!
***We welcome out of state applicants! It is important to note that wages in Florida will differ as the cost of living is typically lower, and we don't get state taxes deducted from our earned wages. The Arc Tampa's wages are among the most competitive for the field! We also provide Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance at NO COST to the full-time employee.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Florida Driver License
- At least 21 years of age per auto insurance requirement
- 1 year of related experience preferred but not required of all positions
- Local & Federal Background checks (company paid) drug screen in accordance with The Florida Drug Free Work Place Policy (company paid)
- To be considered: a candidate can have NO criminal misdemeanor in the past 3 years and NO Felony in the last 10 years. See the "APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character" for all other automatic disqualifying criminal offenses.
- Availability for 70 hours of paid, weekday/daytime training over your first 90 days
- Availability for monthly daytime meetings and quarterly daytime in service trainings
- Patience, compassion, dedication, reliability!!!!
Heavy Lifting-Lift/transfer up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently.
Balancing-Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when performing feats of agility.
Stooping-Bending body downward and upward. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling-Bending legs at knees to come to rest on either knee or knees. The ability to return to a standing position without supports.
Crouching-Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
Handling-Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers.
***We have instituted a weekend shift ONLY Bonus Structure as well to our wages: Staff hired on or before 2.27.2021 that work a full-time shift that contains at least 16 hours on Saturday and/or Sunday EVERY WEEK will receive a $250 Bonus on May 28th. If the same shift and full-time employment continue without interruption, another $250 Bonus will be paid on August 28, 2021. (if employee enters into ANY time off without pay, this may nullify Bonus)
We value our dedicated team of employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package. As a Direct Care Staff, you will enjoy:
- Medical and Dental insurance at NO cost to employee
- Low cost vision insurance
- Free gym membership
- Tax Sheltered retirement plan with employer match up $.75 on the dollar, up to 4% of annual salary, after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Full-time, steady schedule with a variety of shifts and locations to choose from
- Large, stable organization with opportunities for growth
Pay: $12.57 to $12.85/hour
wage depends on program hired for
Job Status: Full Time