Associate Executive Director of Programming
Under the supervision of the Executive Director (ED), the Associate Executive Director handles the day-to-day operations and administration of assigned program areas. The objective is to provide leadership and ensure that the company is maintaining its goals from both operational and cultural points of view.
Days and Hours: This is a full-time on-call position that requires a regular but flexible office presence as guided by the Executive Director.
1. Work alongside the ED to execute the company vision, put procedures and resources in place to promote successful programming, optimize inefficient areas in the organization, and coordinate with department heads.
2. Identify areas of opportunities for capital improvements across the organization, including opportunities to improve revenue, increase margin, reduce cost, and increase revenue throughout the organization while focusing on mission-based services.
3. Ensure existing, as well as new programs and initiatives, are in line with The Arc Tampa Bay’s core values.
4. Partner with the ED, and co-workers, to accomplish short and long-term operational goals.
5. Complete all operational aspects in a safe and sound manner in the best interest of self-advocates, family members, co-workers, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
6. Develop the annual budget for program areas of responsibility and ensure that expenditures and revenues remain in line with budget allocation.
7. Ensure proper data is completed to fulfill funding requirements related to the Medicaid Waiver, grants, and other funding opportunities.
8. Responsible for informing the ED concerning new legislation and/or standards under his/her direction, implementing policies and procedures to assure agency compliance.
9. Assist the ED in the formulation of program and policy recommendations to the Board by preparing, presenting, and interpreting operation reports, program evaluations including short term and long-term plans, changing concepts, needs, and related information.
10. Performs supervisory duties of department staff, coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of the department.
11. Interview, hire, and review the performance of all direct reports. Ensure a thorough review is conducted at least annually.
12. Visit assigned program areas and documents as directed by the ED.
13. Cultivate and manage healthy relationships with strategic partners and vendors.
14. Perform other duties as directed by the ED.
Skills / Requirements
A master’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field and 5 years experience with developmentally disabled persons is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of experience in a related field, valid Florida Driver’s License, ability to pass drug screening, and a level II background screening is required.
The employee will be required to successfully complete and update HIPAA, Medication Training, Transportation Training, Safety Care Training, First Aid Training, CPR Training (to include a physical demonstration of the skill), BBP, Zero Tolerance Training, Core Competency Training and any additional trainings relevant to the area of responsibility as assigned by the Executive Director.
The Arc Tampa Bay is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package as well as a competitive salary.